S is for “Salad”, that’s good enough for me! Ok not the same as cookies but this salad is pretty delicious and fresh and colorful and everything a salad should be. There are two ways (according to me) of eating this salad: with or without some form of lettuce as a base. I’ve had it both ways. Both delicious. Does a salad need to have lettuce to be called “a salad”? Your choice there. Does this make good leftovers? So good (always thinking ahead about what to bring for lunch to work). Is this good enough for a potluck? Bring it! Don’t be that person that always brings chips and salsa because you’re too lazy to make anything else. And I could live on chips and salsa (or better yet, guacamole) but it’s nice to make an effort once in a while. Your friends will love you for it. As always, adjust ingredients as needed…
Black Bean, Corn and Feta Salad
- 1 can canned corn
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients through the salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce among plates if using and top with bean mix.