Orzo is a tiny rice-shaped pasta which can be added to soups, baked or as part of a salad. I am going to share with you and nice greek orzo salad which is delicious and very easy to make. Feel free to swamp the veggies if you have other things in hand in your fridge.
Orzo Greek SaladSERVINGS: 4
- 4 oz cooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 ounces)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- Cook orzo following directions on the package.
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, feta, chickpeas and olive.
- Add cooked orzo and mix well. Allow food to cool as this is better served cold.